Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Forecasting or projecting

I need to figure the expected production for the coming year of a product
using the previous 3 years totals. What function should I use & how do I use
it?
any help would be appreciated. I'm not very experienced with this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a tough one. What assumptions are you making?

* Do to have consistent peaks and valleys in production or is it linear?
* What kind of history do you have? Is it just an annual total or do you
have production by day/week/month?

Barb Reinhardt

"hart3453" wrote:

I need to figure the expected production for the coming year of a product
using the previous 3 years totals. What function should I use & how do I use
it?
any help would be appreciated. I'm not very experienced with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a total for each of the previous 5 years.
From these totals I need to project what I think the next year's total might
be. I don't know what function I am even looking for. Any suggestions?

"hart3453" wrote:

I need to figure the expected production for the coming year of a product
using the previous 3 years totals. What function should I use & how do I use
it?
any help would be appreciated. I'm not very experienced with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you can try FORECAST worksheet function
Check it up further in Excel's help
--
Max
Singapore
"hart3453" wrote:
I have a total for each of the previous 5 years.
From these totals I need to project what I think the next year's total might
be. I don't know what function I am even looking for. Any suggestions?