Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default projecting time and date from hours entered

I am using excel 2000 and I have a worksheet I am trying to use for
projecting completion times and dates on projects. I would like to be able to
enter a number of hours in a cell such as A1 and have the worksheet project a
new date in B1 based on todays time and day plus the hours I entered in A1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=NOW()+A1/24 and format as date,
but of course that will update next time you open the sheet.
[I assume that you would have told us if you were looking at some limited
number of working hours in a day so I have allowed 24 hours in a day.]
--
David Biddulph

"Geoffery" wrote in message
I am using excel 2000 and I have a worksheet I am trying to use for
projecting completion times and dates on projects. I would like to be able
enter a number of hours in a cell such as A1 and have the worksheet
project a
new date in B1 based on todays time and day plus the hours I entered in
A1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Enter the time in A1 in the format hh:mm.

In B1 enter this formula:

=Now()+A1

And format B1 as custom "dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm"

Regards,
Per