Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas aren't updating when values change

Is this a sign of my excel program being corrupt or something else?

Whenever i change a value that is involved in a formula, the result does not
update with the new value.

For example, a very basic example is if i put 50 in A1 and 50 in A2, then
create a formula in another cell to be A1+A2 the result in that cell would be
100. Now if i change the value in A1 to be 25, the formula cell should
change to read 75. Mine does not automatically - it still reads 100 after
the change even thought clearly A1 + A2 should read 75. I have to retype in
my formula a second time in order for the value update to occur.

Please if you someone could offer some feedback. Thanks.

Andrew K.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds as if you have manual calculations on
Go to Tools|Options, Calculation tab, and ensure automatic calculations is
checked.

NOTE: Whenever you open excel the first time, that particular spreadsheet
determines the calculation environment. So if you open a spreadsheet that has
manual calc on, any subsequent spreadsheets you open while you still have
excel open will switch to manual calc.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It