Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Running Balance

I would Like to setup a payroll stub in Excel. I can get everything to work
except the running balance. I have tried to use the help but I can't find
the example they are talking about. Can anyone help me. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will need to post some sample data and formula to get help.

Mike

"Jayne" wrote:

I would Like to setup a payroll stub in Excel. I can get everything to work
except the running balance. I have tried to use the help but I can't find
the example they are talking about. Can anyone help me. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Okay Here is what I have so far.
I have all my headings in Column A
In colum B I get them to add and subtract the way I want them to with the
results in Column C. This is where I run into trouble. I would Like Gross
Wages in Column B and Gross Wages in E to Add up for the year to date total.
And then the rest of them also. However When I Change the amount in Column B
it subtracts that amount from column E. When I would like a running balance.
Column D
Year to Date Data
Gross wages
Overtime
Total Earnings

Deductions Year to Date
Fed. Withholding
FICA
Medicare Tax
State withholding
Other
Total Deductions Year to Date
In Column E I am not sure how to format it so that it will make a running
balace.