-   -   Running Balance (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210605-running-balance.html)

Jayne

Running Balance

I would Like to setup a payroll stub in Excel. I can get everything to work
except the running balance. I have tried to use the help but I can't find
the example they are talking about. Can anyone help me. Thanks

Mike H

Running Balance

You will need to post some sample data and formula to get help.

Mike

"Jayne" wrote:

I would Like to setup a payroll stub in Excel. I can get everything to work
except the running balance. I have tried to use the help but I can't find
the example they are talking about. Can anyone help me. Thanks

Jayne

Running Balance

Okay Here is what I have so far.
I have all my headings in Column A
In colum B I get them to add and subtract the way I want them to with the
results in Column C. This is where I run into trouble. I would Like Gross
Wages in Column B and Gross Wages in E to Add up for the year to date total.
And then the rest of them also. However When I Change the amount in Column B
it subtracts that amount from column E. When I would like a running balance.
Column D
Year to Date Data
Gross wages
Overtime
Total Earnings

Deductions Year to Date
Fed. Withholding
FICA
Medicare Tax
State withholding
Other
Total Deductions Year to Date
In Column E I am not sure how to format it so that it will make a running
balace.