Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif Function w/ multiple Criteria

I am trying to count the occurances on the following labels in a row

LOA, TRN,VAC

I can only get 1 of the lable to return the number I need to added the other
2, this is the formula I used

=COUNTIF(K226:X226,"TRN")

But I need it to be something like this to return a value of 3
=COUNTIF(K226:X226,"TRN,VAC,LOA")

Active LOA Active Active Active Active Active Active Active Active Active TRN VAC Active

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(N(K226:X226={"TRN";"VAC";"LOA"}))

Note the semicolons in the range, and not the commas. You need the
semicolons because you are looking at a row.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It