Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple criteria countif/sumproduct function

Hi,
I am trying to count criteria from two different columns and have the
answer appear on a different worksheet.

Here is the formula I have used:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('MAIN'!C2:C65534="Phase
2"),--('MAIN'!B2:B65534="Downstairs"))

I cannot get it to work on another worksheet within the same workbook!
Am I trying the impossible?

Any help would be appreciated:)

--
Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32143

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this it works for me:

=SUMPRODUCT((Main!C1:C10="Phase 2")*(Main!B1:B10="Downstairs"))

Let me know if it works.

Ed

--
patele
patele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35849

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Thanks for the quick replies. The formula works correctly in the same
worksheet but not in anothe. I have just created a new worksheet and
it works in that one; but not in the original one I created for the
formula to work in.

I don't know bloomin Excel!!!!!

Thanks for the help ill just hhave to copy the sheet info across and
hope for the best.

Regards

Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32143
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564241

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You probably need to update the sheet reference in the formula, the Main!
part, to the appropriate sheet.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Cobbcouk" wrote in
message ...

Hi,
Thanks for the quick replies. The formula works correctly in the same
worksheet but not in anothe. I have just created a new worksheet and
it works in that one; but not in the original one I created for the
formula to work in.

I don't know bloomin Excel!!!!!

Thanks for the help ill just hhave to copy the sheet info across and
hope for the best.

Regards

Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564241

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks guys for your help. All works fine now. Another battle won in
the Excel forums:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

--
Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32143
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564241