Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Default Changing font color if conditions are met

I am trying to change the font to red if the result of a formula is less then
0. I would like to change this within the formula instead of manually. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conditional formatting.
Ken

On Nov 11, 2:29*pm, Bob wrote:
I am trying to change the font to red if the result of a formula is less then
0. I would like to change this within the formula instead of manually. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

Select the cell then

Format|Conditional format - cell value is - less than - enter a 0
pick you font colour
OK

Use the format painter to copy the format condition to other cells.

Mike

"Bob" wrote:

I am trying to change the font to red if the result of a formula is less then
0. I would like to change this within the formula instead of manually. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this using a custom number format:

Select the range of cells in question. Assume this range is A1:A10
Goto the menu FormatCellsNumber tabCustom
Enter this string in the little box labeled TYPE:

General;[Red]-General;0;@

OK out

Or, you can do it using conditional formatting:

Select the range of cells in question. Assume this range is A1:A10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=A1<0
Click the Format button
Select the Font tab
Select Color: RED