Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Netwrokdays and EOMONTH Functions return N/A when opening Excel sh

Hi

I get the error "File may have lost data" - when I open a perfectly fine
working excel sheet after I have saved it in good condition.

This Excel sheet has many Networkdays and EOMONTh formulae. The values in
all the cells with these formulae get converted to #N/A when the above error
comes.

This is how this sheet behaves - The formulae work fine for a while but
suddnely when I open the sheet, these formula are replaced by #N/A in the
cells. If I apply the formula again in this sheet , I see the required
calculated values in those cells.

But I never know, when the problem will start coming again once I reopen the
sheet after saving it.

Can somebody point me to probable cause of the problem.

Thanks
Prerna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The first question is do the formulas convert to #N/A values or do they
still show as formulas on the Formula Bar but display as #N/A in the
spreadsheet?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Prerna" wrote:

Hi

I get the error "File may have lost data" - when I open a perfectly fine
working excel sheet after I have saved it in good condition.

This Excel sheet has many Networkdays and EOMONTh formulae. The values in
all the cells with these formulae get converted to #N/A when the above error
comes.

This is how this sheet behaves - The formulae work fine for a while but
suddnely when I open the sheet, these formula are replaced by #N/A in the
cells. If I apply the formula again in this sheet , I see the required
calculated values in those cells.

But I never know, when the problem will start coming again once I reopen the
sheet after saving it.

Can somebody point me to probable cause of the problem.

Thanks
Prerna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I think you should also tell us what version of Excel you are using. What
version are the files stored as. For example are you opening XLS files in
2007?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Prerna" wrote:

Hi

I get the error "File may have lost data" - when I open a perfectly fine
working excel sheet after I have saved it in good condition.

This Excel sheet has many Networkdays and EOMONTh formulae. The values in
all the cells with these formulae get converted to #N/A when the above error
comes.

This is how this sheet behaves - The formulae work fine for a while but
suddnely when I open the sheet, these formula are replaced by #N/A in the
cells. If I apply the formula again in this sheet , I see the required
calculated values in those cells.

But I never know, when the problem will start coming again once I reopen the
sheet after saving it.

Can somebody point me to probable cause of the problem.

Thanks
Prerna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Netwrokdays and EOMONTH Functions return N/A when opening Exce

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response. The answer to your queries is:
1. Version - It is Excel 2007 and the sheet is saved in 97-2003 format.
2. The formulas convert to "=#N/A" and cell value displays as #N/A.

Thanks
Prerna