Ray

Default Excel Analysis Add-in EOMONTH generates #NAME? error

I have used the EOMONTH function successfully. But I transferred my workbook
to someone who did not have the needed add-in installed so it generated a
#NAME? error. So I installed the add-in on his computer but it did not
resolve the #NAME? error. I took his workbook and put it back on my computer
and it still generates the #NAME? error. But if I open my original file the
EOMONTH works. I can flip between the two open workbooks and see the error
on his file, but not on mine. Tried F9 to force a recompute, no help? Any
ideas?
Biff

Hi!

When you say: "I installed the add-in on his computer"

Does that mean it was also loaded? Goto ToolsAdd-Ins

Is Analysis ToolPak checked?

An alternative to using Eomonth and does not need the ATP:

Date in A1 = 1/1/2005

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)

Biff

"Ray" wrote in message
I have used the EOMONTH function successfully. But I transferred my
workbook
to someone who did not have the needed add-in installed so it generated a
#NAME? error. So I installed the add-in on his computer but it did not
resolve the #NAME? error. I took his workbook and put it back on my
computer
and it still generates the #NAME? error. But if I open my original file
the
EOMONTH works. I can flip between the two open workbooks and see the
error
on his file, but not on mine. Tried F9 to force a recompute, no help? Any
ideas?

Ragdyer

Try re-registering the formulas *after* you install the Add-In.

Select a range of cells containing some of these formulas, then:

<Edit <Replace
In "Find what", enter
=
In "Replace With", enter
=

Then <Replace All
--
HTH,

RD

"Ray" wrote in message
I have used the EOMONTH function successfully. But I transferred my

workbook
to someone who did not have the needed add-in installed so it generated a
#NAME? error. So I installed the add-in on his computer but it did not
resolve the #NAME? error. I took his workbook and put it back on my

computer
and it still generates the #NAME? error. But if I open my original file

the
EOMONTH works. I can flip between the two open workbooks and see the

error
on his file, but not on mine. Tried F9 to force a recompute, no help? Any
ideas?

jefftlewis

Yes, i'm having the same exact problem. I tried the suggestion below by
Ragdyer, but it does not seem to work.

The excel file that is showing the "#NAME?" was created about 10 years ago,
so the problem seems to have to do with newer versions of Excel trying to use
an Excel file created many years prior.

If anyone has any further suggestions, I'd love to hear about them.

My only option it seems is to rewrite all the formulas that use EOMONTH.

Thanks, Jeff

"Ray" wrote in message
I have used the EOMONTH function successfully. But I transferred my

workbook
to someone who did not have the needed add-in installed so it generated a
#NAME? error. So I installed the add-in on his computer but it did not
resolve the #NAME? error. I took his workbook and put it back on my

computer
and it still generates the #NAME? error. But if I open my original file

the
EOMONTH works. I can flip between the two open workbooks and see the

error
on his file, but not on mine. Tried F9 to force a recompute, no help? Any
ideas?

RagDyer

Have you installed the ATP add-in first?

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try re-registering the formulas *after* you install the Add-In.

Select a range of cells containing some of these formulas, then:

<Edit <Replace
In "Find what", enter
=
In "Replace With", enter
=

Then <Replace All
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Ray" wrote in message
I have used the EOMONTH function successfully. But I transferred my

workbook
to someone who did not have the needed add-in installed so it

generated a
#NAME? error. So I installed the add-in on his computer but it did not
resolve the #NAME? error. I took his workbook and put it back on my

computer
and it still generates the #NAME? error. But if I open my original

file
the
EOMONTH works. I can flip between the two open workbooks and see the

error
on his file, but not on mine. Tried F9 to force a recompute, no help?

Any
ideas?

jefftlewis

Yes, I have. I was able to solve the problem. I changed my macro security
setting from "High" to "Medium". Then when you are asked to accept macros
(when you open the file in question), you say yes. I guess the EOMONTH
function, or the ATP add-in, requires a macro?

Thanks for your reply. This discussion group seems like a pretty handy
resource. I frequently have detailed Excel questions, and don't know where
to turn.

Regards,
Jeff