Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with a Macro

I am using Excel 2003. I have a master worksheet called "Shipping /
Receiving Report". I fill out the worksheet every time a shipping
arrives against a purchase order. When I'm done filling out the
information, I then save the worksheet as the number of the purchase
order against which it came. The number of the purchase order is
always in cell D3. I have to unprotect my worksheet in order to
create hyperlinks to certain pdf's. What I am looking for is a macro
which will protect my worksheet, (no password needed), and then
automatically save the worksheet to the proper folder, naming it
whatever is in cell D3. It sound pretty simple, but I don't know how
to get it to name the file after the contents of the cell. Is there a
simple way to do this?

Thank you
Daryl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

My recommendation for you is :
to turn on the macro recorder
perform all your steps
review the macro for additional improvements

HTH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 11, 11:27*am, Carim wrote:
Hi,

My recommendation for you is :
to turn on the macro recorder
perform all your steps
review the macro for additional improvements

HTH

Thank you for your help, but I've already tried that. The problem
is: with the macro recorder running, I choose "protect worksheet",
then "save as", and then I drill down to the folder in which I want my
worksheet saved, but then I have to name it. When you're saving, you
can't click on a cell in order to give the file a name, so you have to
type the name into the "Save As" box. I want the macro to
automatically name the file based on whatever is in cell D3. You
can't do that in the macro recorder. Is there language in vbasic to
do this?

Thank you