Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell with digits must be act like text

Hi all,
When I format a cell as text and I put there for instance 4 October 2008
Excel handled this as a date, but that's not what I want. I know when I type
a quotation mark (') in front of 4 October 2008 then it will be seen as text
but I don't want the customers to type a ' in fornt of all the dates.
Thanks for the solution in advance ;)
AMacEd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try Data Validation Allow Text

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"AMacEd" wrote in message
Hi all,
When I format a cell as text and I put there for instance 4 October 2008
Excel handled this as a date, but that's not what I want. I know when I
type
a quotation mark (') in front of 4 October 2008 then it will be seen as
text
but I don't want the customers to type a ' in fornt of all the dates.
Thanks for the solution in advance ;)
AMacEd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ashish Mathur,
Try Data Validation Allow Text length was the only 'text' option I could
do.
But probably is the internal code all right, I forgot to mentioned that I
want to send the data from Excel to Coldfusion. When I do that I get in the
web page - {ts '2008-09-18 00:00:00'} - instead of 18 september 2008.
So I think it is Coldfusion who gives this problem.. I am going to look into
that part.

And thank you for your reply,

Regards,
Ed Wighman

"AMacEd" wrote in message
Hi all,
When I format a cell as text and I put there for instance 4 October 2008
Excel handled this as a date, but that's not what I want. I know when I
type
a quotation mark (') in front of 4 October 2008 then it will be seen as
text
but I don't want the customers to type a ' in fornt of all the dates.
Thanks for the solution in advance ;)
AMacEd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome