Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Cell with digits must be act like text

You are welcome

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"AMacEd" wrote in message
Hi Ashish Mathur,
Try Data Validation Allow Text length was the only 'text' option I
could
do.
But probably is the internal code all right, I forgot to mentioned that I
want to send the data from Excel to Coldfusion. When I do that I get in
the
web page - {ts '2008-09-18 00:00:00'} - instead of 18 september 2008.
So I think it is Coldfusion who gives this problem.. I am going to look
into
that part.

And thank you for your reply,

Regards,
Ed Wighman

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try Data Validation Allow Text

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"AMacEd" wrote in message
Hi all,
When I format a cell as text and I put there for instance 4 October
2008
Excel handled this as a date, but that's not what I want. I know when I
type
a quotation mark (') in front of 4 October 2008 then it will be seen as
text
but I don't want the customers to type a ' in fornt of all the dates.
Thanks for the solution in advance ;)
AMacEd