DaveShoe

Default Mode Function with Criteria

Greetings,

I am in need of a particular formula, however, I cannot seem to get my
head around it. I need to calculate the mode of data for each person
in a list. Specifically, I need to calculate the mode for all of
Jeff's records (8) and calculate the mode for all of Bill's records (4)
and due so for the entire spreadsheet (~10,000 rows/800 names).

I want to do something like this:

=if(A2=A2:A10,mode(B2:B10),"")

However, I cannot find a way to specifiy for the range of the mode to
only equal cells within Col B in rows where cells in Col A equal A2.

Col A Col B
Name Data
Jeff 8
Jeff 7