FirstVette52

Default Function that filters a list (Database) for criteria in a range a.

I need to extract an unknown value from a field in a record based on the
location of a known field in the same record adhock (could be the first
record, could be the 5th, or the nth record.) :

Dorm: Delta Tau
LName | FName | Mentor | Age | Sport | ...
Davy | Jacob | Samuels | 12 | | ...
Johnson| Sheila | Little | 14 | | ...
Adams | Arney | Jackson | 13 | | ...

....where the unknown value for the field (Sport) resides in a list
(Database) of ALLCAMPERS on another worksheet. The desired criteria for the
search is the range LName:FName of the record.

I tried using DGET(Database, "Sport", LName:Arney) for the first record in
the new list (Dorm: Delta Tau) and got an error. I can use it to return the
first record field value for "Sport" by restricting the criteria range to the
fields and 1st record, but can OLNY get the first record. the 2nd record
returns a #NUM error and the rest of the records return a #VALUE error.

Thanks for looking at this.
--
FirstVette52