Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional formula

Hi-
I'm trying to create a form to track the sum of payments I need to make. So
I set up the columns....item, amount to pay, done....I would like the column
of amount to pay to total (so I used the sum formula), BUT...now I want to
make a line not be in the sum when I check the done column(meaning I've
already paid it---I don't want to delete it b/c I want the record---but I
want the sum at the bottom to only show what I owe at the moment. Can any one
help?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you have amounts in Col B and 'Done' or blank in Col C
then enter this at the bottom of Col B

=SUMIF(C1:C100,"<Done",B1:B100)
Adjust 100 to the last row in your dataset.