Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boulder257

Default Conditional Sum Formula?

I have tried searching for an answer but have been unable to locate one
and to the best of my knowledge this cannot be done. But I thought I
would check with the experts!

I want to create a conditional sum formula. For instance, let's say I
have in Column A the amounts of different accounts. And, in column B I
have whether I have reviewed that particular account (signified by a Y
or a N). Now, I want to be able to sum only those accounts that I have
reviewed. Therefore, I need a conditional sum formula.

Currently I create a formula in Row C that reads =if(B1="Y",A1,0) and
then I total that column. However, I was hoping there was a way to do
this without creating another column and formula.

--
Boulder257
Boulder257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20053

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:53:13 -0600, Boulder257
wrote:

I have tried searching for an answer but have been unable to locate one
and to the best of my knowledge this cannot be done. But I thought I
would check with the experts!

I want to create a conditional sum formula. For instance, let's say I
have in Column A the amounts of different accounts. And, in column B I
have whether I have reviewed that particular account (signified by a Y
or a N). Now, I want to be able to sum only those accounts that I have
reviewed. Therefore, I need a conditional sum formula.

Currently I create a formula in Row C that reads =if(B1="Y",A1,0) and
then I total that column. However, I was hoping there was a way to do
this without creating another column and formula.

=SUMIF(B:B,"Y",A:A)

--ron