Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I make all worksheets in a workbook alike at once?

I am making a workbook that will have many worksheets, and each worksheet
will be the same except for information entered into them each week. Is
there a way to do this without having to go into page setup from the print
preview screen for each workbook? This is very time consuming. One I've
done from the past is a household inventory book; each room has it's own
worksheet, but all the worksheets have the same layout, margins, headers,
footers, etc.
Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do some of it. Hold the Ctrl key down and you can select multiple
worksheets. Alternatively, select first sheet and hold Shift key and select
last sheet.

You can then open Page Setup and set headers and footers etc. However, you
cannot set print area or rows/columns to repeat.

You can select the area to be printed while all sheets are selected then
select just one sheet (click on a sheet tab other than the top one) and then
set print area and then select each sheet in turn and set print area because
area will be already selected on each sheet.

Note: while all sheets selected, anything you enter on the top sheet goes on
all the other sheets including formatting.

OssieMac

"jmsdvdp" wrote:

I am making a workbook that will have many worksheets, and each worksheet
will be the same except for information entered into them each week. Is
there a way to do this without having to go into page setup from the print
preview screen for each workbook? This is very time consuming. One I've
done from the past is a household inventory book; each room has it's own
worksheet, but all the worksheets have the same layout, margins, headers,
footers, etc.
Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create and configure one sheet exactly as you wish, then ... copy it!

hold down <Ctrl
click on the sheet tab and drag it to the right.
release the mouse first, then <Ctrl.

You now have an exact duplicate of the sheet you created.

Just rename it as necessary.
--
HTH,

RD