Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JAD JAD is offline

Default EDATE Function

I have a worksheet that contains (3) columns of date information; Start Date,
Number of Months, End Date. To calculate the End Date, I am using the EDATE
function that is not outputting the answer I am expecting. As an example of
what EDATE reports, here are some examples.
Start Date # of Months End
Date
Example 1 Nov-10 (16) May-09
Example 2 Nov-10 (12) Nov-09
Example 3 Nov-10 (18) May-10
Example 4 Nov-10 (18) Nov-10

Can anyone tell me why EDATE is reporting incorrect data and how I might be
able to fix it? Your response would be appreciated. Thank You, JAD