Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Function with Multiple Criteria

I have a spreadsheet containing several dates. I want to return different
text based on multiple criteria. The first criteria is comparing column I to
column J. If the dates are the same, then I'd like to return the text "NO",
and stop. If the dates are different, I then need to compare column I to
column H. and to Column D. If Column I is H, and D, I'd like to return
the text "YES". If Column I is H, but < D, I'd like to return the text
"NO". The dates are all in the same row. I did have an =IF(...OR...) formula
in there that was working, because at first I was just asked to check the
second two sets of criteria. It's the addition of that criteria of the I & J
being equal, then moving on if not that is throwing me for a loop. Any
suggestions would be most appreciated.