Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DEE DEE is offline

Default Look up function for multiple criteria

I have a spreadsheet that has MFG #, Manufacturer, Description and Unit
Price. I need a formula that will look up and match at least the data in 3
columns (MFG #, Manufacturer and Unit Price) in another workbook and bring
back the quantity shipped for the row that matches that criteria. Can you
help with a formula? Maybe a combination of formula (if that's possible)
such as look up MFG #.... and if the manufacturer and unit price match, give
me the quantity shipped....

PLEASE help and let me know ASAP if you know the answer :o)....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Saved from a previous post:

If you want exact matches for just two columns (and return a value from a
third), you could use:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othersheet !$b$1:$b$100),0))

(all in one cell)

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

This returns the value in othersheet column C when column A and B (of
othersheet) match A2 and B2 of the sheet with the formula.

And you can add more conditions by just adding more stuff to that product
portion of the formula:

=index(othersheet!$d$1:$d$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100)
*(c2=othersheet!$c$1:$c$100),0))

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DEE DEE is offline

Thank you!!! I actually had just found that formula, but was forgetting to
hit ctrl shift enter instead of just enter and it wasn't working. After
reading your post... it worked perfectly!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!