Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Survey Questions

Hi Folks - I have survey data like this:

Site Q1 Q2 Q3
SiteA 1 3 2
SiteA 2 2 1
SiteA 2 1 3
SiteB 1 1 1
SiteB 2 1 3
etc.

How can I use a pivot table to count the number of 1's, 2's and 3's for each
question by site? Thanks for your help.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would suggest 3 tables.

Drop Site and Q1 into Row Fields and then drop QA into Data fields as well.

Do the same in table 2 using Q2 instead, and table 3 with Q3...

"Michael" wrote:

Hi Folks - I have survey data like this:

Site Q1 Q2 Q3
SiteA 1 3 2
SiteA 2 2 1
SiteA 2 1 3
SiteB 1 1 1
SiteB 2 1 3
etc.

How can I use a pivot table to count the number of 1's, 2's and 3's for each
question by site? Thanks for your help.

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you can use multiple consolidation ranges to solve this problem. Select the
range and go to Insert Pivot table. Select multiple consolidation ranges.
Click Next and select "I will create my page fields". Click Next and select
the range and Add. This should create your pivot table.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi Folks - I have survey data like this:

Site Q1 Q2 Q3
SiteA 1 3 2
SiteA 2 2 1
SiteA 2 1 3
SiteB 1 1 1
SiteB 2 1 3
etc.

How can I use a pivot table to count the number of 1's, 2's and 3's for
each question by site? Thanks for your help.

Michael

View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
Survey raulmott New Users to Excel 0 June 25th 08 01:06 AM
Analyze Survey Questions Michael Excel Worksheet Functions 1 September 14th 06 05:38 PM
survey Sherry Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 May 20th 06 03:36 PM
Pivot Table for survey data w/ questions as Rows & poss answrs as pfwebadmin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 17th 05 02:31 PM