Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sherry

Default survey

I want to create a survey with the option buttons to click. Is it possible to
have the chosen option button to = 1 while the unchosen option button = 0
and to have the 1's tally in a colum on page 2? I hope this question was
clear?.?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Sherry wrote:
I want to create a survey with the option buttons to click. Is it
possible to have the chosen option button to = 1 while the unchosen
option button = 0 and to have the 1's tally in a colum on page 2? I
hope this question was clear?.?

The answer is yes, but if you only want 1 or 0, wouldn't it be better to use
check boxes?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainP

I've put an example on excelforum for you

|Filename: YesNo.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4793 |

CaptainP
CaptainP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34520
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543903

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

I can only get 1 or 2 out of the checkboxes, you can still tally them up
though

Here is another option

A right click -check mark, paste this code into the worksheet module

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Cancel = True

If Union(Range("$A1:$A12"), Target).Address = Range("$A1:$A12").Address
Then
If Selection = "a" Then
Selection.ClearContents

Else
With Selection.Font
.Name = "Webdings"
.Size = 10
End With
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "a"

now in another range you can enter a funtion like this
=COUNTA(A1:A12,"a")

Change the ranges as you require

but for this example when you right click in the range A1:A12 a check
mark appears or disappears

the counta function will count the number of checkmarks in that range,
then you can formulate the total to get a percentage

Just an option!!

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543903

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has sample workbook using optionbuttons:
http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

Although, for just two options, I think a checkbox is more natural.

Sherry wrote:

I want to create a survey with the option buttons to click. Is it possible to
have the chosen option button to = 1 while the unchosen option button = 0
and to have the 1's tally in a colum on page 2? I hope this question was
clear?.?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

davesexcel wrote:
I can only get 1 or 2 out of the checkboxes, you can still tally them
up though

I get TRUE or FALSE not 1 or 2. And if used in aritmatic, TRUE evaluates as
1 and FALSE as 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

CaptainP wrote:
I've put an example on excelforum for you

Filename: YesNo.zip |
Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4793 |

Since excelforum always posts invalid urls, the correct one for this example
is:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...3&d=1148120690