Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reference a cell to a worksheet??????????

I have a lot of data a worksheet that I need to put into another worksheet
but in only one cell. For example, can I label that Cell "Apple" and create a
reference to all types of apples and sizes in another worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think the lack of response to your question could indicate that
people don't understand it - I certainly don't.

Could you please re-phrase and give a few examples of what you want to
achieve?

Pete

On Oct 13, 6:55*pm, Ashley wrote:
I have a lot of data a worksheet that I need to put into another worksheet
but in only one cell. For example, can I label that Cell "Apple" and create a
reference to all types of apples and sizes in another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok sorry. I am trying to link or reference a data in a worksheet to a
particular cell.
For example, I have a list of locations all in worksheet titled "Locations."
Now in my master report worksheet, I have a column that needs to reference
those locations. I don't want to list 100 locations in ONE cell. How do I
link a cell to a particular worksheet? Is it possible to create like a bubble
or quick view or something.

On Oct 13, 6:55 pm, Ashley wrote:
I have a lot of data a worksheet that I need to put into another worksheet
but in only one cell. For example, can I label that Cell "Apple" and create a
reference to all types of apples and sizes in another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Disregard my previous answer, didn't read your original post, just do this

Go to the sheet where you want the link, then do inserthyperlink, select
place in this document then it defaults to A1, then select the particular
sheet you want to link to
and click OK

Peo Sjoblom

On Oct 13, 6:55 pm, Ashley wrote:
I have a lot of data a worksheet that I need to put into another
worksheet
but in only one cell. For example, can I label that Cell "Apple" and
create a
reference to all types of apples and sizes in another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Another possibility might be to choose Data, Validation and use the List
option. It is not clear from you question if you are talking about different
workbooks or different worksheets. But if you are going to use Data,
Validation you will need to name the range where the Locations are. Suppose
you name the range Locations, Then when you choose List form the Allow box,
you will enter =Locations in the Source box.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

On Oct 13, 6:55 pm, Ashley wrote:
I have a lot of data a worksheet that I need to put into another worksheet
but in only one cell. For example, can I label that Cell "Apple" and create a
reference to all types of apples and sizes in another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the responces.
I know how to use Data, Validation and the list option but I have a lot of
data and the list option really doesn't fit what I am trying to do. I have
information in TWO WORKSHEETS. I need to link or reference some data from one
WORKSHEET to a particular cell. I don't want to list a 1,000 words in one
cell so I put the words in another WORKSHEET and I would like to make a
reference to the WORKSHEET with the 1,000 words to the master WORKSHEET in
ONE CELL!
Does that make since? I just have two worksheets with tons of data. I need
to link them together as a form of a hyperlink. If I click on the WORD in the
ONE CELL, it takes me to the OTHER WORKSHEET. I have TWO WORKSHEETS and ONE
CELL in the other WORKSHEET that needs to be LINKED to TONS OF DATA in the
SECOND WORKSHEET.