Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using If fuction and vlookup with list

I have a table where I have my list and it is in a deferent work sheet. When
a user selects something from the list I want to match it with my table and
return a number in a different cell. I have tried this formula.
=IF(D5="","",VLOOKUP(D5,Table!A:B,2,FALSE)) It will work for this cell now I
want to return a different number in column C I try to change B to C but it
only returns the number in B. What do I need to do?
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=IF(D5="","",VLOOKUP(D5,Table!A:C,3,FALSE))

i.e. expand the table to inculde column C <Table!A:C and change the column
index from 2 (for B) to 3 (fro C).

Hope that is what you wanted.