Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default using If fuction with vlookup from list

Im working with a list in one worksheet and I have the table list in another
worksheet.
I want to return a value from the table based on the list selection. I have
written this formula. =IF(D5="","",VLOOKUP(D5,Table!A:B,2,FALSE)) and it
returns data from B that match A. Now in another cell I want to return data
from C and when I change B to C it still return data from B not C. How can I
get data from C that matches data from my list?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You must change the column index number from 2 to 3

=IF(D5="","",VLOOKUP(D5,Table!A:C,3,FALSE))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP