Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted Ted is offline

Default running clock

I am using =now() function in cell A1 and frequently press F9 to update to
current time. Is there any way to continuously show the current time running
in the cell A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=NOW() will update whenever the spreadsheet is calculated. You can insert an
OnTime macro to automatically re-calculate every couple of seconds.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200806

"Ted" wrote:

I am using =now() function in cell A1 and frequently press F9 to update to
current time. Is there any way to continuously show the current time running
in the cell A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted Ted is offline

Thank you for your answer. I never created a macro before. Can you show me
how. Greatly appreciated.

"Ted" wrote:

I am using =now() function in cell A1 and frequently press F9 to update to
current time. Is there any way to continuously show the current time running
in the cell A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Would you be happy with an addin with a timer?

See Bob Phillips' site

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.XtraTime.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Ted" wrote:

I am using =now() function in cell A1 and frequently press F9 to update to
current time. Is there any way to continuously show the current time running
in the cell A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you read through this posting you will find a couple of
suggestions.

For the OnTime method see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

Or just use Bob Phillips' timer addin...............posted below.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP