abfabrob

Default Start Clock/Stop Clock

In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users to fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button and for it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where does the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

Apologies - I am new to this. I want to create a "stopwatch" in a spreadsheet
which users can start by clicking a button, fill in the sheet, then click
stop. But I want tihe timer to be on display.

I am not using any code (I don't know what that its)... this may be why I'm
getting it all wrong...

"abfabrob" wrote in message
In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users to fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button and for

it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where does

the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Bob Phillips

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a clock ticking over in some
cell while the user is working. Whilst we could show you how to do this, I
think a real-rime timer may be beyond your current capabilities.

If you send me your workbook and tell me where you want the timer/clock and
what you want to do with it when the clock stops, I will have a go at it for
you.

--

HTH

RP

"abfabrob" wrote in message
In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users to

fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button and

for
it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where

does
the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

Yes - I do want a timer in a cell, while using the rest of the worksheet. I
haven't completed the rest of the sheet yet, so I have nothing to send you.
And, yes - you're right, it very definitely is beyond my capabilities, but
would look great to my boss if I did it! Any suggestions where I can go from
here?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

"abfabrob" wrote in message
In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users to

fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button and

for
it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where

does
the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

Thank you SO much.

Thanks again, in advance

Regards,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

"abfabrob" wrote in message
In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users

fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button

and
for
it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where
does
the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

jeff brazeau

cna you post a link to this spred sheet or email it to me as i need some ting
like this to time calls and track them

my email

is

please remove the NOSPAM

"abfabrob" wrote:

Thank you SO much.

Thanks again, in advance

Regards,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

"abfabrob" wrote in message
In Excel, I want to create a timer, to see how long it takes users

fill
the spreadsheet in. In the forms toolbar, I have selected a button

and
for
it
to be a start clock button. Did the same for stop clock. But where
does
the
timer appear? How do I view this?

Anyone know?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

John M

I too would like to see this spread sheet or have it emailed to me

"jeff brazeau" wrote:

cna you post a link to this spred sheet or email it to me as i need some ting
like this to time calls and track them

my email

is

please remove the NOSPAM