Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula function

Is there a function that will display the formula in a cell? For example, I
have a cell that is a formula, ='All Managers'!E2, which returns a value.
However, I would like to have that formula displayed in another cell. Is
there an existing function for this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could copy the formula from the Formula Bar so that the references don't
change,
then paste to another cell and just delete the = sign.
--

HTH,

RD

"SDMFG" wrote in message
Is there a function that will display the formula in a cell? For example, I
have a cell that is a formula, ='All Managers'!E2, which returns a value.
However, I would like to have that formula displayed in another cell. Is
there an existing function for this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need VBA then or Excel4 macro

For VBA

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ll.htm#install

Or you could do insertnamedefine and assume that the formula is in A6

then use

=GET.CELL(6,Sheet1!$A$6)

in the refers to (replace Sheet1 with your sheet name)

You could call it GetFormula

then use

=GetFormula

Peo Sjoblom