Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with OR function in IF function formula

I have to folowing formula entered into an A___:E___ array:

=IF(OR('Division 2'!F1:F540=".",'Division 2'!F1:F540="c"),'Division
2'!A1:E540,"")

What I want it to do is carry over the A:E cells of any row where the column
F cell content is either "c" or "." (period). I can succesfully do this with
1 criteria test, without the OR function. But once I put the OR function in
with the choice of "C" or ".", I get the entire array returned to my summary
form, basically the OR function is always TRUE.

Does anyone see my error?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this

=IF((('Division 2'!F1:F540=".")+('Division 2'!F1:F540="c")),'Division
2'!A1:E540)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"veggies27" wrote in message
I have to folowing formula entered into an A___:E___ array:

=IF(OR('Division 2'!F1:F540=".",'Division 2'!F1:F540="c"),'Division
2'!A1:E540,"")

What I want it to do is carry over the A:E cells of any row where the
column
F cell content is either "c" or "." (period). I can succesfully do this
with
1 criteria test, without the OR function. But once I put the OR function
in
with the choice of "C" or ".", I get the entire array returned to my
summary
form, basically the OR function is always TRUE.

Does anyone see my error?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this is a great step.
However, I have a REF# error in every cell that should be TRUE, and in the
FALSE cells it displays FALSE.

"veggies27" wrote in message
I have to folowing formula entered into an A___:E___ array:

=IF(OR('Division 2'!F1:F540=".",'Division 2'!F1:F540="c"),'Division
2'!A1:E540,"")

What I want it to do is carry over the A:E cells of any row where the
column
F cell content is either "c" or "." (period). I can succesfully do this
with
1 criteria test, without the OR function. But once I put the OR function
in
with the choice of "C" or ".", I get the entire array returned to my
summary
form, basically the OR function is always TRUE.

Does anyone see my error?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now everythign is working perfect.

HOWEVER....now I'd like to conditionally format the information that the if
function returns. Is there a way to...for instance, bold the text of the
lines that come back TRUE based on the "."(period), and normal text for the
lines that come back TRUE based on the "c"? I've tried conditional
formatting, but I can't have the formatting based on the summary sheet text,
I need to have it based on the data entry sheet ("Division 2" in this case).
Is that possible