Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy rows to another worksheet

I have a worksheet of data that I would like to have the row contents copied
to another worksheet if the contents of column O = "XX". This is done several
times a week every week so I am not sure how to write the formula and save it
so it is available to any open workbook. The worksheets are not a consistent
size. They usually go from 300 to 1000 rows of data.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can record a macro and reuse it later...
Start recording macro and do the following;
Data-Auto Filter
Filter on 'XX' on Col O
Data-Go To-Select Visible Cells only
Edit-Copy
Go to the other sheet
Paste the rows copied
Stop recording

Dave Peterson answered elsewhere about how to add a toolbar so that your
macros are available to you
_______________
For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:
or
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...g_custom_menus

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)
_______________

"GeorgeR" wrote:

I have a worksheet of data that I would like to have the row contents copied
to another worksheet if the contents of column O = "XX". This is done several
times a week every week so I am not sure how to write the formula and save it
so it is available to any open workbook. The worksheets are not a consistent
size. They usually go from 300 to 1000 rows of data.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

For instances like this, please use Advanced filters. They are very well
explained in the Help menu

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"GeorgeR" wrote in message
I have a worksheet of data that I would like to have the row contents
copied
to another worksheet if the contents of column O = "XX". This is done
several
times a week every week so I am not sure how to write the formula and save
it
so it is available to any open workbook. The worksheets are not a
consistent
size. They usually go from 300 to 1000 rows of data.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi GeorgeR

Try this add-in