Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Remove/Nullify Sort

I have a spreadsheet with VBA behind it which expects to find rows in a
certain order, once a key row is found (in column a) the following rows are
read as associated data until a new key row is encountered or the rows end.

The problem is that someone (no names) has applied a sort on column B which
means that all key rows are grouped together followed by all associated rows.

How can I 'switch off' the sort ? Or will I have to recreate the spreadsheet
from scratch ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
if the file has been saved or if the alloted number of undo levels has been
pasted then i'm afraid you are looking at recreating the file from scratch.
UNLESS you can come up with a custiom sort, using a helper column, to resort
back the way it was. Are there any unique identifing features that you might
key on?

regards
FSt1

"Vambo" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with VBA behind it which expects to find rows in a
certain order, once a key row is found (in column a) the following rows are
read as associated data until a new key row is encountered or the rows end.

The problem is that someone (no names) has applied a sort on column B which
means that all key rows are grouped together followed by all associated rows.

How can I 'switch off' the sort ? Or will I have to recreate the spreadsheet
from scratch ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have an earlier version of the file saved somewhere (perhaps
you emailed it to a user?), then you could use that to re-create the
sort order, even if the numbers have changed, as long as there is some
way of uniquely identifying each row in the original table and
relating that back to the table you now have.

Hope this helps.

Pete