Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default An Advance IF

Dear all

I have in cell H14 = A AND I14= FALSE, J14=FALSE, K14=FALSE
IN H15=FALSE I15=B, J15=FALSE, K15=FALSE
IN H16=FALSE I16=FALSE J16=C, K16=FALSE

So i want in each line and bring in B14, lets say that if the cell H14, OR
I14, OR J14, OR K14 is not FALSE then bring me the value.

I want to check between the four cell the value and if not FALSE to bring me
the respective value.
In each line only one cell has a value, the rest three has value false.

Any good ideas for advance If, or anything else?

Thanks in advance
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDEX(H14:K14,1,MIN(IF(H14:K14<FALSE,COLUMN(H14: K14)))-MIN(COLUMN(H14:K14))+1)

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"Manos" wrote in message
Dear all

I have in cell H14 = A AND I14= FALSE, J14=FALSE, K14=FALSE
IN H15=FALSE I15=B, J15=FALSE, K15=FALSE
IN H16=FALSE I16=FALSE J16=C, K16=FALSE

So i want in each line and bring in B14, lets say that if the cell H14, OR
I14, OR J14, OR K14 is not FALSE then bring me the value.

I want to check between the four cell the value and if not FALSE to bring
me
the respective value.
In each line only one cell has a value, the rest three has value false.

Any good ideas for advance If, or anything else?

Thanks in advance
Manos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not very sophisticated but this works