Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Check Box Formulae

I am trying to add a formula in Excel 2003, SP3 so that something happens if
a check box or check boxes is/are ticked using a formula to show text.

i.e. if check box 1 and check box 7 are checked, show text "that is not
allowed"
etc etc.

Thanks

--
Rob Gaffney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assign (different) linked cells to each of the checkboxes.

Then you can test the values in the cells:

=if(and(a1=true,a7=true),"not allowed","ok")

Gaffnr wrote:

I am trying to add a formula in Excel 2003, SP3 so that something happens if
a check box or check boxes is/are ticked using a formula to show text.

i.e. if check box 1 and check box 7 are checked, show text "that is not
allowed"
etc etc.

Thanks

--
Rob Gaffney

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave. How do i assign a linked cell to a checkbox?

Im not sure I get you - please bear with my stupidity :-)

So, checkbox is in cell A1. I link Cell A2 to it (how, as above).

How does cell A2 know if cell A1 is checked or not?

Thanks
--
Rob Gaffney

Gaffnr wrote:

I am trying to add a formula in Excel 2003, SP3 so that something happens if
a check box or check boxes is/are ticked using a formula to show text.

i.e. if check box 1 and check box 7 are checked, show text "that is not
allowed"
etc etc.

Thanks

--
Rob Gaffney

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assigning the linkedcell is different depending on what checkboxes you used.

If you used checkboxes from the Forms toolbar, you can rightclick on each
checkbox and choose Format control, then type the address in the cell link on
the Control tab.

If you used checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar, then go into design
mode (another icon on that toolbar), show the properties (for each checkbox) and
scroll down to LinkedCell. Type the address. Then leave design mode.

That's what a linked cell does. (It's magic!!).

Ps.

I like to use the same cell as the cell containing the checkbox. But I don't
want to see TRUE or FALSE in the worksheet.

So I give those cells a custom format of:
;;;
(3 semicolons)

I can still see the True/False in the formulabar, though.