Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gaffnr Gaffnr is offline

Default Check Box Formulae

Thanks Dave. How do i assign a linked cell to a checkbox?

Im not sure I get you - please bear with my stupidity :-)

So, checkbox is in cell A1. I link Cell A2 to it (how, as above).

How does cell A2 know if cell A1 is checked or not?

Thanks
--
Rob Gaffney

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Assign (different) linked cells to each of the checkboxes.

Then you can test the values in the cells:

=if(and(a1=true,a7=true),"not allowed","ok")

Gaffnr wrote:

I am trying to add a formula in Excel 2003, SP3 so that something happens if
a check box or check boxes is/are ticked using a formula to show text.

i.e. if check box 1 and check box 7 are checked, show text "that is not
allowed"
etc etc.

Thanks

--