Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lim Lim is offline

Default Formulae: Paste value formulae after doing an average operation

Hi,

I need help to know whether there is a formulae which I can paste value
after doing an average calculation.

For example the cell will calculate the average of a series of numbers and
will paste value when the specify date is reached.

I do not wish to use a macro function, thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
no such formula exists. formulas return values, they can not perform actions
such as copy, past or covert itself to hard values when a conditions is met.
to do this requires code, either built in excel code (mouse and keyboard
caused excel code to run) or user defined add on code i.e. a macro.

regards
FSt1

"Lim" wrote:

Hi,

I need help to know whether there is a formulae which I can paste value
after doing an average calculation.

For example the cell will calculate the average of a series of numbers and
will paste value when the specify date is reached.

I do not wish to use a macro function, thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lim Lim is offline

Default Formulae: Paste value formulae after doing an average operatio

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Is there any excel code that allows me to do that? If not any idea how do I
write the macro code for this function?

Thanks!

"Lim" wrote:

Hi,

I need help to know whether there is a formulae which I can paste value
after doing an average calculation.

For example the cell will calculate the average of a series of numbers and
will paste value when the specify date is reached.

I do not wish to use a macro function, thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Lim" wrote:

*Hi,

I need help to know whether there is a formulae which I can paste value
after doing an average calculation.

For example the cell will calculate the average of a series of numbers and
will paste value when the specify date is reached.

I do not wish to use a macro function, thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Lim

Don’t know if I understand your question fully based on what
information you have given, but here is my shot.

If you AVERAGE() calculation is in say F19
If your target date is in say E4
If you want to show the result of the AVERAGE calculation in F20,
place this formula: =IF(E4TODAY(),"",F19)

Is this even close?

Mike Rogers