Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DATE & TIME

Hi All,

In one cell I want to display today's date which is easy =NOW() then
format with date & time.

In another cell I want to type in a future date & time
ie. 11/14/2008 2:34 pm How do I do this?

In a third cell I want to display the difference between now & the
future date & time.

How do I do this?

Thanks for your help!

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cell A1 is your formula =now()
Cell A2 would be =now()+13 to get to your date
Cell A3 would be =A2-A1
Format cell a3 as custom DD/HH and the answer should be 13 (13 days 0 hours)

Not sure quite how to add additional hours though

Matt

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Suppose NOW is in A1, the 11/14/2008 is in B1 and your formula is in C1

In the second cell you type it just like you did he
11/14/2008 2:34 pm

In the cell where you want the difference you type
=B1-A1

How you display this result is the real question. You can apply the built
in format to show hours and minutes between the two date, that is [h]:mm:ss

But if you want to display days and hours you will need to be a littel
fancier:

=INT(B1-A1)&" days "&TEXT(MOD(B1-A1,1),"[h]:mm:ss")

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"lehigh46" wrote:

Hi All,

In one cell I want to display today's date which is easy =NOW() then
format with date & time.

In another cell I want to type in a future date & time
ie. 11/14/2008 2:34 pm How do I do this?

In a third cell I want to display the difference between now & the
future date & time.

How do I do this?

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format your entry cell the way you want it to appear, then type in

11/14/2008 2:34 pm

The difference is simply one cell minus the other, with the results being a
number representing (to the left of the decimal) the # of days, and (to the
right of the decimal) the time component. Te decimal represents the time as
a fraction of a 24 hour day.

Format the result according to the way you want to show it