Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default DATE & TIME

Format your entry cell the way you want it to appear, then type in

11/14/2008 2:34 pm

The difference is simply one cell minus the other, with the results being a
number representing (to the left of the decimal) the # of days, and (to the
right of the decimal) the time component. Te decimal represents the time as
a fraction of a 24 hour day.

Format the result according to the way you want to show it

"lehigh46" wrote:

Hi All,

In one cell I want to display today's date which is easy =NOW() then
format with date & time.

In another cell I want to type in a future date & time
ie. 11/14/2008 2:34 pm How do I do this?

In a third cell I want to display the difference between now & the
future date & time.

How do I do this?

Thanks for your help!

Tom