Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mac Mac is offline

Default Getting rid of '0' in a cell

When referencing an empty cell, like in 'Sheet A'!B3:B6 from Sheet B, instead
of displaying an empty cell as well, I get a 0 in it. How do I get rid of
this strange behaviour? Note: the cell format is General, switching to Text
did not help ...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are linking directly to another cell, eg A1 in Sheet1, you
could do this:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Another method is to use Conditional Formatting on the destination
cell(s), such that a white foreground colour is used if the cell
evaluates to 0, thus making the cell appear blank (on a white
background).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 29, 1:18*pm, Mac wrote:
When referencing an empty cell, like in 'Sheet A'!B3:B6 from Sheet B, instead
of displaying an empty cell as well, I get a 0 in it. How do I get rid of
this strange behaviour? Note: the cell format is General, switching to Text
did not help ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome.

The drawback with the first method is that you need to amend all your
formulae, whereas the second method just acts on the result of those
formulae.

Pete

On Sep 29, 1:18 pm, Mac wrote:
When referencing an empty cell, like in 'Sheet A'!B3:B6 from Sheet B, instead
of displaying an empty cell as well, I get a 0 in it. How do I get rid of
this strange behaviour? Note: the cell format is General, switching to Text
did not help ...- Hide quoted text -