Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to make "countif" on a filtered excel-list? i.e. like subtotal

I have a filtered list of data where one column contains either of two text
values say "A" or "B".

When using filters on other columns I would like to att a counter above the
list that always show the number of "A" and "B" rows in the filtered data.

I do not want to add additional columns.

I cannot use Countif() since that doesnt bother about the filters.
If I use subtotal(3;...) it cares about the filters, but then I can only get
the sum of rows containing "A"'s and "B"'s...

Is this at all possible to achieve without macros or custom functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stiggy,

1) Filter once on A, then again on B.

2) Use SUMPRODUCT functions with sections to replicate the filtering.

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100 = "A")*(B1:B100 = "Stiggy"))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Stiggy" wrote in message
I have a filtered list of data where one column contains either of two text
values say "A" or "B".

When using filters on other columns I would like to att a counter above the
list that always show the number of "A" and "B" rows in the filtered data.

I do not want to add additional columns.

I cannot use Countif() since that doesnt bother about the filters.
If I use subtotal(3;...) it cares about the filters, but then I can only get
the sum of rows containing "A"'s and "B"'s...

Is this at all possible to achieve without macros or custom functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Range,ROW(Range)-MIN(ROW(Range)),0,1)),--(R
ange="A"))

Hope this helps!