Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic[_2_] Domenic[_2_] is offline

Default How to make "countif" on a filtered excel-list? i.e. like subtotal

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Range,ROW(Range)-MIN(ROW(Range)),0,1)),--(R
ange="A"))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Stiggy wrote:

I have a filtered list of data where one column contains either of two text
values say "A" or "B".

When using filters on other columns I would like to att a counter above the
list that always show the number of "A" and "B" rows in the filtered data.

I do not want to add additional columns.

I cannot use Countif() since that doesnt bother about the filters.
If I use subtotal(3;...) it cares about the filters, but then I can only get
the sum of rows containing "A"'s and "B"'s...

Is this at all possible to achieve without macros or custom functions?