Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlinks in excel from a list

Hi all

I have 2 spreadsheets I'm trying to streamline. One has an overview
by date and time of trainers and their scheduled courses, ie a basic
group calendar. The other has more detail for each instance of each
course containing attendees, location, etc, by date. At the moment
they're not linked at all so it's a bit unwieldy for the users.

I want to be able to populate cells on the summary sheet from a list
containing names of training courses, and have the data displayed as a
hyperlink, which when clicked would take me to the 2nd spreadsheet
with the further details. I'll need to be able to pass in the date
and time of the particular instance of the course to navigate to the
correct point in the 2nd spreadsheet.

Hope that makes sense! I'm happy to have a bash at this in vba, using
eg worksheet_change events, but I just wanted a sanity check that
there's not an easier way that I've overlooked. I've investigated
smart tags but they look V complicated.

many thanks for your suggestions

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi, Richard !

try starting on David McRitchie's site:
- Coding a link address and friendly name using HYPERLINK Worksheet function
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink

hth,
hector.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 25 Sep, 21:47, "Héctor Miguel"
wrote:
[...]

Richard- Hide quoted text -

Hi

thanks for your prompt reply, I'll give it a look!

Richard