jacob

Default Hyperlinks from a List, Excel 2000

Hyperlinks from a List, Excel 2000
Fixed font - Proportional font

jacob Apr 15, 3:13 pm show options

Okay, I'll get right to the issue.

I'm using the List feature of Data Validation in A1, with a range of
names on the Z file. The list contains a name and telephone number and
email address. What I'm trying to do is insert an email hyperlink in
that same cell so when a List item is chosen from the drop down list,
you can click on A1 to send an email address. The email hyperlink
would
need to change along with the name.
I don't think this will work, so what about creating a clickable link
in A2 that changes with the data that is displayed in A1?

My last resort would be to create a pivot table, which I am TERRIBLY
inexperienced at doing.

Please help!

-Jacob

Attached Images

Dave Peterson

You've got a couple replies at your other post in .misc

jacob wrote:

Hyperlinks from a List, Excel 2000
Fixed font - Proportional font

jacob Apr 15, 3:13 pm show options

Okay, I'll get right to the issue.

I'm using the List feature of Data Validation in A1, with a range of
names on the Z file. The list contains a name and telephone number and
email address. What I'm trying to do is insert an email hyperlink in
that same cell so when a List item is chosen from the drop down list,
you can click on A1 to send an email address. The email hyperlink
would
need to change along with the name.
I don't think this will work, so what about creating a clickable link
in A2 that changes with the data that is displayed in A1?

My last resort would be to create a pivot table, which I am TERRIBLY
inexperienced at doing.

Please help!

-Jacob

[Image]