Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filter Customize date

I created a table with "date" and "name" being some of its columns.
Unfortunetly when I filter it by name and want to customize a filter for the
dates afterwards it doesn't work. For example if I want to see all rows for
July by customizing the filter with the greater respectively with the less
than criteria, then it doesn't show me a single row from July. What might be
the reason for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One reason could be that you don't have real dates in your column -- you
have text. Try using =isnumber to find out.

Post back with examples if you need more help.

Regards,
Fred.

"Achim" wrote in message
I created a table with "date" and "name" being some of its columns.
Unfortunetly when I filter it by name and want to customize a filter for
the
dates afterwards it doesn't work. For example if I want to see all rows
for
July by customizing the filter with the greater respectively with the less
than criteria, then it doesn't show me a single row from July. What might
be
the reason for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are the dates on the left hand of the cell, or the right hand of the cell?
Text is left justified and numbers are right justified. As Fred said,
confirm with =isnumber() and istext(). Adjust your data as necessary, and it
will work as you expect it to.

Regards,
Ryan--

--