Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP Problems with formula

I have a workbook on the first sheet is my "high priority" my email column is
A4:A5764 and on sheet 2 I have a list of bad emails A1:A1199 that need to be
taken off my "high priority" on sheet 1. I have something like this.
=VLOOKUP(A1,'[Sheet2]High Priority'!A$1:A$5764,2,FALSE)

it isn't working......help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 23, 2:33 pm, treeroot
wrote:
I have a workbook on the first sheet is my "high priority" my email column is
A4:A5764 and on sheet 2 I have a list of bad emails A1:A1199 that need to be
taken off my "high priority" on sheet 1. I have something like this.
=VLOOKUP(A1,'[Sheet2]High Priority'!A$1:A$5764,2,FALSE)

it isn't working......help

What is in Column B on Sheet2? And did you type that formula here or
copy it from the workbook? Because it looks like the sheet reference
is bad, unless your file is really named "Sheet2".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok Sheet 2 is my bounce back emails (the bad emails) Column B is empty of
Bounceback sheet. I have emptied column B of my high priority sheet too to
give me a place to bring back the value. I have no clue...
=VLOOKUP(bouncebacks!A1:A1199,A3:A5763,2,FALSE)

"Spiky" wrote:

On Sep 23, 2:33 pm, treeroot
wrote:
I have a workbook on the first sheet is my "high priority" my email column is
A4:A5764 and on sheet 2 I have a list of bad emails A1:A1199 that need to be
taken off my "high priority" on sheet 1. I have something like this.
=VLOOKUP(A1,'[Sheet2]High Priority'!A$1:A$5764,2,FALSE)

it isn't working......help

What is in Column B on Sheet2? And did you type that formula here or
copy it from the workbook? Because it looks like the sheet reference
is bad, unless your file is really named "Sheet2".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this one

Col B 1 - "High Priority"sheet put this formula

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$199,0)),"good","b ad")

On Sep 23, 3:33*pm, treeroot
wrote:
I have a workbook on the first sheet is my "high priority" my email column is
A4:A5764 and on sheet 2 I have a list of bad emails A1:A1199 that need to be
taken off my "high priority" on sheet 1. *I have something like this. *
=VLOOKUP(A1,'[Sheet2]High Priority'!A$1:A$5764,2,FALSE)

it isn't working......help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, neither of those VLOOKUPs were set up properly. And they looked
to that 2nd column, so even if it found a match, it would return a
blank from your empty column.

But vlookup isn't really what you want anyway. I think muddan's
formula should help. Then you can Sort on column B and easily delete
all the Bad lines. If that is what you are trying to do.