Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to copy rows with values 0 to another worksheet automatica

I have a series of worksheets that contain different product lines. When I
type in an amount in the "Quantity" column in each worksheet, I would like
that row to be inserted into a new worksheet automatically.

The problem is; I would like the new worksheet to contain only the rows from
each worksheet that have a "Quantity" value 0. The worksheet must fill from
the top row down and each new entry must be inserted in the next blank row
down the page. That way, I am printing a sheet that only contains the
selected items.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Alt + F11 to open VB editor. Double Click 'This Workbook' and paste this in
on the right.

Change MySheet to the name of the sheet you want to copy to data to
Change MyColumn to the column where you will enter the quantity. Every time
you enter a greater than Zero entry in MyColumn it will copy the entire row
the MySheet.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
MySheet = "Sheet2"
MyColumn = "D:D"
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Or ActiveSheet.Name = (MySheet)
Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range(MyColumn)) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) And Target.Value 0 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.EntireRow.Copy
lastrow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Sheets(MySheet).Range("A" & lastrow + 1).PasteSpecial
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.EnableEvents = True

Mike

"Skeletor" wrote:

I have a series of worksheets that contain different product lines. When I
type in an amount in the "Quantity" column in each worksheet, I would like
that row to be inserted into a new worksheet automatically.

The problem is; I would like the new worksheet to contain only the rows from
each worksheet that have a "Quantity" value 0. The worksheet must fill from
the top row down and each new entry must be inserted in the next blank row
down the page. That way, I am printing a sheet that only contains the
selected items.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry to say, this didn't work. But I believe it is due to my lack of
understanding, so i ahve a couple of questions;
1)When I change the name of "MySheet", do I call it "Sheet10", as it is
listed, or do I call it "Job List", as I have renamed the sheet?
2) What name do I give "MyColumn". The first row on each worksheet contains
the column headings. Since the "Quantity" column is Column F on each of the
10 worksheets, what reference do I actually use?
3) In the statement; MyColumn = "D:D", what does the "D:D" stand for?
4)MySheet="Sheet2". Do I change this to; Job List="Sheet10"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as the Boss is getting impatient.
Thankyou
Mike

"Skeletor" wrote:

I have a series of worksheets that contain different product lines. When I
type in an amount in the "Quantity" column in each worksheet, I would like
that row to be inserted into a new worksheet automatically.

The problem is; I would like the new worksheet to contain only the rows from
each worksheet that have a "Quantity" value 0. The worksheet must fill from
the top row down and each new entry must be inserted in the next blank row
down the page. That way, I am printing a sheet that only contains the
selected items.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Change only the actual sheetname from "Sheet2"

MySheet = "Job List"

Change only the column letter from "D:D"

MyColumn = "F:F"

Continue to use MySheet and MyColumn where Mike has typed those literal
strings.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP