Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default highlight selecting

Hi all.
I'm looking to find out what the colored "boxes" are called when we enter a
worksheet function, and select either a single cell, or a range of cells.

I have a user form that I've created, and I need to have something like the
colored boxes to "outline" the ranges I've chosen as I work through the
elements of my form.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 22, 1:10 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
Hi all.
I'm looking to find out what the colored "boxes" are called when we enter a
worksheet function, and select either a single cell, or a range of cells.

I have a user form that I've created, and I need to have something like the
colored boxes to "outline" the ranges I've chosen as I work through the
elements of my form.

Thank you.

Help calls them "color-coded border".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Spiky,
Thanks for the response.
The closest that I can find is called- vbActiveBorder
But they are calling it- Border color of active window.

what parameters did you use to find your answer?
When I typed in what you came up with I got just about every response you
could imagine, but not the one you're saying.
Thank you for your assistance.
Best,
SteveB.

"Spiky" wrote:

On Sep 22, 1:10 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
Hi all.
I'm looking to find out what the colored "boxes" are called when we enter a
worksheet function, and select either a single cell, or a range of cells.

I have a user form that I've created, and I need to have something like the
colored boxes to "outline" the ranges I've chosen as I work through the
elements of my form.

Thank you.

Help calls them "color-coded border".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 22, 3:14 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
Spiky,
Thanks for the response.
The closest that I can find is called- vbActiveBorder
But they are calling it- Border color of active window.

what parameters did you use to find your answer?
When I typed in what you came up with I got just about every response you
could imagine, but not the one you're saying.
Thank you for your assistance.
Best,
SteveB.

I think using both "color" and "formula" gave the result. The Help
page title is "Change which cells a formula refers to". That's the
only ref I found to these particular colors in Help. (xl2003)