Frustrated

Default Opening an excel spreadsheet

I am trying to open an excel spreadsheet that I use rather often. Now, when
trying to open it I get an response: Format now valid. How can I fix this?
I have office XP

Thanks
Pat Laekrs
Gord Dibben

Assumptions.........

You have Excel installed on your computer.

You are not trying to open from removable media such as floppy or CD.

A good chance that this file was opened using Word and then saved.

Word will save as a Word Document format without warning.

File now is unreadable by Excel.

OR file was saved directly to or opened from removable media and became
corrupt, which can happen in some circumstances.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP