Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using Survey Monkey

Ive been having an issue when I analyze results (Survey Monkey) and download
into Excel. When I set up the type of question, I used Multiple Choice with
Multiple Answers but when I receive the spreadsheet, there is a separate
column for each response. For example, we are starting a support group for
military families and we offered a list of possible interests (support group
meetings, coping tips, resource articles, etc.). I want all of the choices
selected in one column. When I try to combine the cells by merging, I
receive an error message: The selection contains multiple data values.
And it wipes out all the information with the exception of the upper left
most data. Please tell me theres an easy way to fix this.

I appreciate you,

Dee Rich.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dee Rich -

It's been a year or two since I investigated using Survey Monkey. As I
recall, , for subsequent analysis using Excel's pivot table features, the
generally best file type was Survey Monkey's "condensed.csv," not
"expanded.csv." I don't know if these Survey Monkey file types are currently
available. And I don't know about using the "Multiple Choice with Multiple
Answers" options.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Dee Rich." <Dee wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dee Rich. -

Can you download the Survey Monkey data as condensed.csv?

- Mike

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

[...]

Survey Tally WS Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 8th 08 07:05 PM
Survey raulmott New Users to Excel 0 June 25th 08 01:06 AM
Web-based Survey Enrique Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 11th 06 06:06 PM
survey Sherry Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 May 20th 06 03:36 PM
Survey Form John Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 26th 05 10:55 AM