Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
IOW IOW is offline

Default Excel Worksheet functions

how do I modify an excel worksheet designed by someone else
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well that would depend on what you wanted to do. Why don't you just try it
and post a specific question if you get stuck.

Mike

how do I modify an excel worksheet designed by someone else

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Always safest to save with a new name at the beginning of the process (and
with the "always kreate a backup" option selected).
Make sure that the worksheet is unprotected, then do the changes you want to
do & save again, then test your changes.
Repeat until satisfied (then protect the worksheet again if appropriate) &
save again.
--
David Biddulph

"IOW" wrote in message
how do I modify an excel worksheet designed by someone else

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
IOW IOW is offline

well, i have worksheet which has been designed by someone else, i have tried
to modify it for my purpose without any success, for example i have had a
look at the formular nut not finding where they are linked to on the
worksheet, iguess the question i am trying to ask is how do i get behind
those formulars and either expand them or modify them in some way to sooth my
purpose
thanks

how do I modify an excel worksheet designed by someone else

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are struggling to understand a formula, it is often useful to break
it up into manageable chunks to see what is happening in each part. And if
you are struggling to understand the syntax of a particular Excel function,
look it up in Excel help.
--
David Biddulph

"IOW" wrote:

how do I modify an excel worksheet designed by someone else

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Possibly, someone here could help you if you were to post the formula
and what you want to do. Copy/paste it in a post so there are no
typos.

Excel has dozens and dozens of functions, and virtually infinite ways
to combine them together to make calculations. You really are going to
have to say something more specific than "how do i...expand them or
modify them in some way", which really doesn't mean anything.